Given the current provincial stay at home order and related uncertainty the Board has reviewed all options. The operational status of the club does not warrant an immediate shut down as there is no significant financial impact of delaying a decision for a few weeks. The small incremental cost of a dormant facility would be significantly offset if we are fortunate enough to open again. If the province determines that sporting facilities are safe to reopen in time for another draw, we may have the option to continue a shortened season.
We will continue to monitor the public health updates and respond to any major changes. The Board has a regular meeting scheduled for February 7th and will provide a full update to the members at that time. Please stay safe and adhere to current public health guidance so that we can all be back on the ice as soon as possible.