Wednesday Evening Open Mixed League
Convener: Charles Courtland
The Wednesday evening open mixed league is open to curlers of all ages and skill levels. Even if you have little or no experience, everyone is welcome. Members interested in joining this league register as single players. Teams are formed at the beginning of each draw and made up based on skill, experience, and the number of registrants. Teams are re-drawn 3 times a year (October, December, and February). If you’re looking for a league to join that is more focused on having fun rather than the score, the Wednesday evening open mixed league is for you!
Member/League Directory or the Spares List (from navigation menu):
- Wednesday evenings at 6:45 p.m. & 9:00 p.m.
(Beginner 1 to Competitive 5)
- Register as a single player.
- Experience not required; newcomers to curling encouraged to join.
- Teams are made up based on skill, experience, and number of registrants.
- Teams are re-drawn 3 times per year.
- 8-end games.
- Occasional social pot-luck.
- Maximum 64 players.
- Standings are determined based on wins/losses.
- If tied after 8 ends:
- an extra end is played, where each player only throws one stone.
- 2 rock free guard zone is in effect for an extra end.
- if still tied, draw to the button with sweeping.
- Extra end or draw to the button counts only towards the win or loss; plus/minus is scored as 0.
- Five-rock free guard zone rule is in effect.