Thursday Open Fixed League
The Thursday evening open fixed league is one of our more competitive leagues. This league has multiple divisions. At the end of the year, the league has a "play off" to determine the league champions! Being a "fixed league", teams stay the same throughout all the rounds. At the end of each round, the bottom teams from the higher divisions drop a division, and the top teams from the lower divisions move up a division.
- Thursday evenings @ 6:45 p.m. & 9:00 p.m.
(Beginner 1 to Competitive 5)
- Register as a team (5th player optional).
- Teams are fixed for the full year.
- 8-end games.
- Every player will contribute $25 towards prizes and food for a season-ending party.
- Trophy for league champs and cash prizes for top teams..
- Maximum 18 teams.
Up to 3 spares are allowed to play; all must be club members.
Five-rock free guard zone rule is in effect.
- As per club policy, there is a time rule. One hour and thirty minutes after the scheduled start time (ie. 8:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.), finish the current end and play only one more end.
- Please get out on the ice 10 minutes beforehand to take your practice slides and shake hands.
- It is advisable to be prepared to start the late games at 8:45 p.m.. There is a good chance that the ice will be ready early and therefore, if both teams are ready, the game can start early.
- Tie games are to be broken by a "draw to the button" with sweeping by the delivering team only.
- Record a Win (W), Loss (L), or Loss in a tie (Lt) for every game.
- Win (W) = 2 points;
- Loss in a tie (Lt) = 1 point;
- Loss (L) = 0 points.
- There will be 2 round-robin draws. Teams will be assigned a team number (identifier). This number does NOT reflect any standing. The goal is to ensure a fair distribution of early and late games.
- At the end of any draw, ties in the standings will be broken using the results of the head-to-head games of the teams that are tied. If that does not break the tie, then the results of a "draw to the button" will be used.
- If your team could finish in a tie, your team is responsible to perform a "draw-to-the-button", with sweeping. The distance from the pin to the rock is measured and recorded. If the rock covers the pin such that a measurement cannot be performed, a distance of ZERO is recorded.
- At the end of draw #1:
- the top 3 teams in "B" will move to "A" for draw #2; and
- the bottom 3 teams from "A" move to "B".
- The playoff ranking will be as follows, based on the standings at the end of draw #2:
- the top 6 teams of "A" will be ranked A1 thru A6;
- the top 3 teams of "B" will be ranked A7 thru A9;
- the bottom 3 teams of "A" will be ranked B1 thru B3; and
- the bottom 6 teams of "B" will be ranked B4 thru B9.