Updated - 08/21/2015
At the Carleton Place Curling Club, we are committed to collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information responsibly and to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of such personal information.
In this policy:
- Personal information includes information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your address, telephone number and e-mail address. However, publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of your name, address and telephone number is not considered personal information. For more information please refer to the personal information interpretation bulletin from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada available at: https://www.priv.gc.ca/leg_c/interpretations_02_e.asp
- “Business” means the business of operating the Carleton Place Curling Club, which includes the Web site;
- “Member” or “Membership” means a membership in the Carleton Place Curling Club;
- “we”, “us”, “our” and the “Club” refer to the Carleton Place Curling Club Limited, located at 120 Patterson Cres., Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada and/or http://www.cpcurling.ca;
- “Web site” refers to the web site found at http://www.cpcurling.ca;
Collection of Personal Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you and about you is to enable us to conduct business and also to ensure the provision of high quality products and/or services. We only collect personal information from and about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose and to permit us to conduct the Business diligently.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect from and about you to:
- enable us to contact you;
- establish and maintain communication with you;
- assist us in complying with legal and regulatory requirements;
- collect unpaid accounts;
- provide you with information concerning the business operation of the Club;
- organize curling leagues;
Upon written consent:
- ensure the provision of high quality products and/or services;
- inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, updates and events (including expiry and renewal of your Membership);
- invoice you for products and/or services;
We may also use your personal information as may be described to you at the time of collection. We may ask you to review your personal information for errors and omissions and for accuracy. If you choose to provide us with your financial information, with your directly given consent, we may use your address and financial information to bill you and to provide associated support.
Disclosure of Personal Information
As a matter of policy, we do not sell, rent, or lease any of your personal information to third parties without your explicit consent. However, there are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some of your personal information, including the following:
- We may disclose your personal information as may be required by law.
- We may aggregate personal information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes.
Control of Your Password
You are responsible for all actions taken with any user ID and/or password used to access the Web site. Therefore, we recommend that you not disclose your password to any third parties. If you choose to share your user ID, your password or your personal information with a third party, you are responsible for all actions resulting therefrom. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over certain personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
Access, Review, Change and Destruction of Your Personal Information
You may access, review and/or change the personal information we have in our files by submitting a written request to do so to our Privacy Information Officer at the address below. We ask that you promptly advise us of any changes to your information. Upon your written request, we will destroy, as soon as reasonably possible and in accordance with our internal policies and applicable law, any and all personal information that we have in our files about you. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain in our files some personal information in order to enable us to collect any unpaid accounts and/or as may be required by law.
Other Information Collectors
Protecting Your Privacy
The personal information that is retained by us is kept in a secure environment and we use reasonable procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access or disclosure. These include:
- All paper records containing personal information are stored in a locked file cabinet
- All electronic records containing personal information are stored in a password protected electronic database
Amendments to This Policy
Privacy Information Officer, Access, Questions, or Concerns
The Privacy Information Officer for the Club is the Club Manager.
If you wish to access, review and/or change your personal information contained in our files or if you have any questions or concerns about our privacy principles outlines above or about our practices, please contact us at:
The Carleton Place Curling Club
120 Patterson Cr.
Carleton Place, ON.