In partnership with Carleton Place 200th, the Carleton Place Curling Club (CPCC) is set to kick off the 34th Annual Community Bonspiel on January 26-27, 2019.
No curling experience is required! You only need some warm clothes and a clean pair of shoes... all other equipment (such as brooms, grippers, and sliders) is provided by the CPCC. This annual "FUNSPIEL" brings people together from:
- local businesses;
- community services;
- families; and more.
There is no limit on the number of players to a team, however in the spirit of fairness and fun, we strongly recommend to limit your teams to no more than 2 "regular" curlers on the ice at a time. Teams can (and are encouraged to) change curlers at any time and as often as desired! All teams are guaranteed to play at least 3x 6-end games with many fantastic prizes at the conclusion of the bonspiel. The very popular theme basket will also be raffled.
This hugely popular family friendly community event fills up very fast so be sure to register your team A.S.A.P.! Registration includes:
- morning refreshments,
- dinner on Saturday evening (5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.),
- live music Saturday night
Lunch will also be available on Saturday and Sunday, for a moderate fee.
Check out the Carleton Place 200th information booth at the bonspiel (or their Facebook page), for information on the town's bicentennial celebrations to be held throughout the year.
Members of the community are welcome to come join us Saturday evening for live music, beginning at 7:00 p.m.. There will be a nominal entrance fee of $5 for non-curlers.
Register early. Only 20 teams will be accepted. The early bird fee of $100 will apply if both your registration and payment are received by December 31, 2018. The fee will increase to $120 for teams that register and pay after this date.
Open to the public
- Saturday, January 26, 2019
- 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Free for curlers participating in the bonspiel ($5 for general public)
Note that this is a 19+ event as the Carleton Place Curling Club is a licensed establishment
Results from previous years
- $100 early-bird registration fee by December 31, 2018; $120 fee after this date
- Only 20 teams accepted (so register early!)
- 3x 6-end games guaranteed
- Price includes dinner and entertainment on Saturday, January 26th
- Lunch is available on Saturday and Sunday for a moderate fee
- Funspiel - Non-curlers are welcome!!!
- Each game is only 6 ends
- Teams may change curlers at any time and as often as desired
- No more than 2 "regular” curlers on the ice at one time for your team
- Please wear clean track (or similar) shoes
- Courtesy brooms, sliders and grippers are available at the curling club
- Prizes for many teams
- Raffle prizes
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact Ken Robichaud at (613) 898-0719.
Winning raffle tickets (contact Ken Robichaud to claim your prize):
Generously donated by Nephin Winter Bingley
The little things basket: 4435219
Teas & coffees: 5934541 (Chris Beazley)
Pair of Senators tickets: 4433794
Team registration and payment
Registration is now closed. However if you wish to be added to the waiting list, please contact the organizers.