Join us as the Carleton Place Curling Club (CPCC) kicks off the 35th Annual Community Bonspiel on January 25-26, 2020.
No curling experience is required! All you need is some warm clothes and a clean pair of shoes... all other equipment (such as brooms, grippers, and sliders) is provided by the CPCC. This annual "FUNSPIEL" brings people together from:
- local businesses;
- community services;
- families; and more.
There is no limit on the number of players to a team, however in the spirit of fairness and fun, we strongly recommend to limit your teams to no more than 2 "regular" curlers on the ice at a time. Teams can (and are encouraged to) change curlers at any time and as often as desired! All teams are guaranteed to play at least 3x 6-end games with many fantastic prizes at the conclusion of the bonspiel. The very popular theme basket will also be raffled.
This hugely popular family friendly community event fills up very fast so be sure to register your team A.S.A.P.! Registration includes:
- morning refreshments,
- dinner on Saturday evening (5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.),
- live music Saturday night
Lunch will also be available on Saturday and Sunday, for a moderate fee.
Members of the community are welcome to come join us Saturday evening for live music, beginning at 7:00 p.m.. A donation box will be set up at the door. All proceeds will be donated to the "Friends of the CPCC" to help support much needed improvements to our curling club.
Register early. Only 20 teams will be accepted. The early bird fee of $100 will apply if both your registration and payment are received by December 31, 2019. The fee will increase to $120 for teams that register and pay after this date.
- Saturday, January 25, 2020
- 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- If you are not participating in the event, we ask that you provide a small donation to the Friends of the CPCC
Results from previous years
- $100 early-bird registration fee by December 31, 2019; $120 fee after this date
- Only 20 teams accepted (so register early!)
- 3x 6-end games guaranteed
- Price includes dinner and entertainment on Saturday, January 25th
- Lunch is available on Saturday and Sunday for a moderate fee
- Community bonspiel rules
- Funspiel - Non-curlers are welcome!!!
- Each game is only 6 ends
- Teams may change curlers at any time and as often as desired
- No more than 2 "regular” curlers on the ice at one time for your team
- Please wear clean track (or similar) shoes
- Courtesy brooms, sliders and grippers are available at the curling club
- Prizes for many teams
- Raffle prizes
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact Marie-Therese Latulippe.
Winning raffle tickets (contact Marie-Thérèse Latulippe to claim your prize):
Gift basket (donation by Nephin-Winter-Bingley): 4434215 (Brenda McNeely)
A pair of tickets to CATS at the NAC: 4434842 (Diane Smithson)
A pair of tickets to CATS at the NAC: 4434014 (Kristi Clarke)
Lap quilt (donated by The Pickle Dish): 4433993 (Karen Jensen)
2x$25 gift certificates (donated by Ashton Brewery): 4434090 (Joan Carruthers)